Tuesday, September 9, 2008

7 1/2 Habits

Out of the 7 1/2 Habits of a Lifelong Learner the most challenging is probably to play. I would have never said that about myself prior to being married, but now I get it a lot. This summer, I think I had four people in one month tell me I needed to learn how to play and relax better. I tend to have a structured schedule in my head and pretty clear expectations of how things are going to go all the time. I would have liked to think of myself as quite spontaneous and playful, but nothing revealed that I was in fact not that way than being married and having to slowly reveal my secret planned out minutes, days, months, and years ahead to David.

The easiest habit for me is probably to begin with the end in mind (see above). I like to think of potentials and plan how to get there. I think sometimes thinking about the end makes me want the small steps of getting to the end go a bit faster.

No comments: